Monday, May 14, 2012

A Thousand Years....

Dear Joliet,

You turned five months old on April 19th. Month 5 was a fun month.  You have been discovering wonderful things, and we love love love to watch you do it.  You are mobile! You started rolling over, and you've gotten very good at rolling from your belly to your back.  You scoot around a lot now too.  We definitely can't leave you alone on the bed anymore.  You are also drooling and blowing raspberries!  Sometimes daddy and I need a poncho because you cover everything within 10 feet of your mouth with slobber and bubbles.  It's wonderful.  You haven't started really teething yet, but with the amount of drool that you like to save up and then spit all over the place, it can't be long now before teethies start appearing.  You also started eating cereal this month.  And you LOVE it.  Love it.  I added prunes to it, and it gets messy (it looks like you are eating poop. ew.).  You like to help me feed you by grabbing the spoon and putting cereal everywhere but your mouth.  In your hair, up your nose, in your ears, under your neck... you know, all the good places.  Then you get mad as a hornet when I have to clean you up. 

You are also well on your way to talking.  No real words yet, of course, but you do "mmmm....mmmm" a lot.  I think you like how your lips vibrate when you say it.  So cute.  And of course, it won't hurt my feelings one bit if you say "mama" first!

When we carry you around, you always stick your arms and hands out like you are getting ready to grab something.  Mommy's hair, daddy's chin, the wind, life... who knows?

Sometimes I look at you and my heart simply feels like it is going to burst with love.  It's so overwhelming that I have to look away.
Sweet Jolie-bird,  you were in my dreams long before you were ever here.  I waited my whole life to meet you. You are my love, and joy, and complete happiness.  There is a song, that is a love song, describing a girls love for a boy.  It describes my love for you. 

A Thousand Years
"I have died every day
waiting for you
Darlin' don't be afraid
I have loved you for a
Thousand years
I'll love you for a Thousand more
Time stands still beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything Take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath, Every hour has come to this
One step closer
I have died every day
Waiting for you
Darlin' don't be afraid
I have loved you for a Thousand years
I'll love you for a Thousand more.
And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought Your heart to me
I have loved you for a Thousand years
I'll love you for a Thousand more
One step closer, One step closer

I have died everyday Waiting for you
Darlin' don't be afraid,
I have loved you for a Thousand years
I'll love you for a Thousand more
And all along I believed
I would find you
Time has brought Your heart to me
I have loved you for a Thousand years,
I'll love you for a Thousand more. " 

 
Thousands upon thousands of years I will love you dear Joliet.
Love Mommy.


No comments:

Post a Comment