Over the past couple of months I've seen several of my blogging friends do a 30 Days of Me Challenge. Everyday you are given a topic, and for 30 days you write about that daily topic. Because I generally lose interest about a week after I start blogging, I think this will be a fun way to get in the routine of a daily update. My whole point in writing this blog, is yes, to update family and friends on what's going on in my life, but also as a journal, so years down the road, I can look back and remember what was going on in my life, and if our future kids are interested (I hope they will be), they can look back and see what their mama was like "before she was mama."
Day 1: A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
I don't know how "interesting" these facts will be, but here goes....
1. I have a temper that only the closest people to me ever see. It's usually short lived, but can be explosive at times.
2. I would love love love to one day be able to photograph children & design a successful line of stationary as a full time job.
3. There are a handful of people who call me Annieboo (a childhood nickname), and I let them.
4. I have a very (very) close relationship with my mom. I tell her everything, and I always go to her for advice.
5. I would love to be the kind of person, that if I won a million dollars, I'd give it all away.
6. By reading just one PostSecret book I think you will find out everything you need to know about humanity.
7. I don't need to know I've done it, but before I die, I want to lead at least 1 person to the Lord.
8. I love descriptive words like sensational, embellishment, and panache.
9. My favorite character from any movie I've ever seen is Ouiser Boudreaux - I can quote every line.
10. I correct people's grammar in my head.
11. I want a bumblegum pink '50's vintage refrigerator.
12. We lost all of our horses and our sweet goat Pauline, in a horrible accident, and it just about destroyed me.
13. I don't want my future children to be seen as "weird", but I don't want to raise them as 99% of America is raising theirs.
14. I want to learn how to live off the land... start a fire from scratch, trap and field dress my food, identify and use plants for their medicinal purposes, etc...
15. I want an organic garden.